Friday, December 12, 2008

I MAY BE WRONG, BUT I DOUBT IT






Back in February, I predicted a recession or depression for the United States in 2008. Not on the blog of course, but to my NIH (National Institutes of Health) coworkers. I remember exactly why I predicted it too. I had read on WashingtonPost.com I believe, that CitiGroup had posted 10 billion in losses. I was like O SHIT. When’s the last time credit companies were posting billions in losses?…um the GREAT DEPRESSION. Then I looked at why they lost so much and a lot of it had to do with the defaulting mortgage crisi which began in the summer of 2007. I was like, they aren’t going to be able to regain those losses ever because if the people cant pay their mortgages now, they damn sure cant pay them later. Everyone who I told was like, “oh no, things will get better.” Or “dayum, why are you so pessimistic, its just a bump in the road”. But then what happened?…Gas reached $4 and $5 in some places, hundreds of thousands of jobs lost every month, GDP (gross domestic product) went down, and as of December 1, 2008; the USA is officially in a recession.

So here’s another prediction, but I REEEAAAALLY hope I’m wrong. Okay, so the Big Three automakers didn’t get their precious bailout. GM and Chrysler supposedly don’t have enough cash on hand to get them to Dec 31 (Ford is allegedly okai for a few more months, but still wants some taxpayer moolah). The only way they stay afloat is if Bush/Paulson allows some of the $700 billion financial industry bailout fund go to them for an emergency loan. * By the way, there is no oversight board for the bailout funds in DECEMBER when the conditions of allowing the bailout stated there would be an oversight board when it was authorized in OCTOBER.* So I really don’t know if GM and Chrysler are gonna get bailed out but I do hope so, just because our economy cant afford for them to go bankrupt right now. Maybe we could’ve withstood it as recently as May or June, but not now.

So if the Big 3 go under, we can pretty much count on another Great Depression. And you know how we’re going to get out of it?….World War 3. Yes, as of December 12, 2008; I’m officially predicting it within the next 2 years. Damn, I hope I’m wrong. But you know FDR did not fix the Great Depression. World War 2 did. I’m afraid history might repeat itself and the only way we’re going to get out of the impending Depression is going to be a global war. Iraq and Afghanistan aren’t going to get us out of it because we don’t supply anything to anyone to fight those wars. We fight them, pay for what we do over there with American dollars, yet get no revenue, much less profit from those wars…unless you count “safety of the American People” which isn’t exactly tangible and quite questionable; and can be more closely attributed to the work of the Department of Homeland Security than to the military’s efforts.

You know where the next world war will probably start?…my bets are on Afghanistan and Pakistan. Here’s the 2 reasons why: First, not many people know that Pakistan was on the brink of nuclear war with India about 3 years ago. They really don’t fux with each other. Now you had the Mumbai attacks around Thanksgiving and Indians are PISSED with Pakistan because the terror group that committed the attacks was allegedy based in Pakistan. Pakistan is also the new hideout of the Taliban. Now with Obama’s pledge to put more resources in Afghanistan and do whatever necessary to find Bin Laden, including crossing the border into Pakistan, we have an impending shitstorm. The new powder keg is in the Middle East. Expect things to get worse when our presence in Iraq diminishes and Iran infiltrates and subsequently takes over.

Now you can say that Obama wont take us to war over there but guess what, if something pops off in the United States again (Pearl Harbor sent us to WWII; 9/11 sent us to Afghanistan in the first place) we will be all up in the Middle East mix; or Obama will have his picture in the dictionary next to BITCHASSNESS. I truly hope I’m wrong only because I do not want to see a World War in my lifetime. Especially since everyone and their cousins have nuclear weapons now. Let’s hope the world leaders realize how dangerous those weapons are and choose to fight fairly (if there is such a thing these days). Honestly I just see it coming, and as of right now, I don’t see a way to get out of this mess without war =(

Stay tuned for my next entry, which will further explain why history is repeating itself, with Bush’s Herbert Hoover-esque handling of the credit crisis. Its pretty crazy, this fool is almost exactly repeating Hoovers actions...What a dumbass.
JANUARY 20TH CANT COME FAST ENOUGH!!

No comments: