Friday, February 19, 2010

Preview for upcoming article on DMVUnplugged…..





****UPDATE 4/30/10: I'm not the only one who feels this way...check out a pictorial over @ Italian Vogue ****

*************

I love Lady Gaga as much as Perez Hilton does. Really, I do! Many people view her as a gimmick but she is one of the most uber – talented people of our generation. I relate to her in so many ways, one, because she’s exactly one day younger than me, I empathize with thee “Aries-experience” , and I also understand what she’s trying to do with fashion, her image, and her music. She created “Lady GaGa” as an entity for her fans, and while GaGa is an expression of her own creative self, Stefani Germanotta is the real person, completely separate from the entity that is GaGa. I also love the fact that no celebrity gossip site has ever run a diva-esque story about her. No tantrums, outlandish tour rider requests, and she is sooo gracious and loving to her fans.

But here’s my mini-beef with GaGa…
It’s not so much with her but with the society that endlessly praises her as “new” and “fresh”. I’m sorry hunny but hardly anything about what she’s doing is new and fresh. It’s something we’ve all seen before with a woman named Grace Jones. Jones was the Lady GaGa of the 1980s, with a cult gay following and a music career that gained most of its steam in the gay discotheques. You may remember Grace in Boomerang as Helen Strange





and as May Day in James Bond movie A View to Kill. She also famously dated Dolph Lundgren of Rocky VI, Ivan Drago fame (big square head, looked like a cartoon Neanderthal character on steroids, “I must break you.” Yeah, him)


***FOR THE REST OF THE ARTICLE CHECK DMVUnplugged.com/fashion soon !!! ***

No comments: